21 Reasons To See A Gynecologist Before Age 21
- Posted on: Feb 19 2019
Although most young women don’t need to have a pap smear until they become sexually active, there are:
- Stay at a healthy body weight and feel good about your body
- Start good habits for healthy bones.
- Learn if you have a urinary tract infection and get treatment if you do.
- Get treatment for vaginal itching, discharge, or odor.
- Learn if your periods are normal.
- Get relief if your periods are painful.
- Find out why your periods are too heavy.
- Find out why your periods are too close or too far apart or why bleeding happens in between your periods.
- Learn ways to deal with premenstrual syndrome (PMS) problems.
- Have safe and healthy relationships with a boyfriend or girlfriend.
- Know when a relationship is threatening or harmful.
- Talk about lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender topics.
- Think things through before you have sex for the first time.
- Learn about safe sex.
- Get birth control so you can choose to become pregnant when the time is right for you.
- Plan ahead for a safe and healthy pregnancy.
- Get tested for pregnancy.
- Know what your options are if you become pregnant.
- Protect yourself from sexually transmitted diseases.
- Get the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine.
- Get tested for STED’s and HIV if you are sexually active.
Information collected from ACOG (American College of OB/GYN)
Posted in: Health and Wellness